Thursday, December 10, 2009

Projects

Here is my tree. It is still a work in progress-- will hold out for after Christmas sales to get it just right. I love the classical Christmas look, so I kept with that. We have special Hallmark ornaments and ones from Germany so I wanted to use all of it and tie it together.
This is our tree topper from Germany-- I love it and would love to collect some more wooden ornaments like this.
I made some fun rag garland this year. I used scraps of fabric I had around the house (I have tons since I sew a lot). I got the idea from my amazingly talented friend Erica.
I finally finished my family history pictue wall. I got all the frames from thrift stores, target clearance, and estate sales and painted them in dark orange, aqua and black, then I took various family photos from mine and Jason's families-- I love how it all came together and it is so fun to look at and tell the kids all about their grandparents and great-grandparents.
Fabric flowers. So these pics are a little blurry, but the best my camera would do. I have had fun lately experimenting with fabric flowers they are so fun and there are so many fun ways to wear them. I think I will have to try out some more very soon.

8 comments:

Candace said...

Jen--

I love seeing the pictures of your new house. I need a couple of things from you. Can you email me at candacefielding(at)gmail(dot)com so I can have your email address to talk to you?

Adele said...

Very cute!! You need to post more pictures of your beautiful house!! I love the rag garland and the material flowers! So cute!! You are so talented!!

Ashley Wray said...

Oh,love it all! Especially your family history wall, love the frames, the colors and the photos. What a great idea! The rag garland is darling. I was going to wait until next year to revamp our tree, but I started today and am heading to get fabric to make some garland tomorrow!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

Cute stuff! I bet your real tree smells so nice...I love those fabric flowers too, they are really cute...

MegiJones said...

k everything is sooo cute, but my fave is your fam history wall!! Turned out awesome!!!

Unknown said...

I love your tree and other decorations. I'm really looking forward to seeing your family wall, it looks really good in the picture!

Jenna said...

So cute, you are always the project queen! Everything you touch turns to gold!

Ericka said...

Wow! Everything does look great and I can't get over how awesome your picture wall looks! Very Cool! Hope you had a great Christmas!