Sunday, March 14, 2010

Sewing projects part 2

Here are a few of my latest... Skirt dress. I made this dress with Megi on Friday. We used one of her old skirts for the skirt part of the dress. I just free cut a bodice, but you could use a pattern for this-- just any sundress pattern that has a bodice you like. My favorite part of this dress is the gathered red ribbon around the middle--I'm so into gathering right now!!
This is a little skirt made of corduroy. I used an Amy butler green dot fabric for the waist band--just folded it over and sewed it to a tube of corduroy. Then hemmed it using fat ric-rac. This makes hemming fabrics that are hard to hem like corduroy so much easier. I made this skirt to match Kate's little apple shirt and headband in the previous post.
This is a little skirt I started over Christmas. It is so easy to make-- just a tube with an elastic waist band. The hem is made my folding over fabric and sewing the right sides together. then top stitch for a finished look. I added the ruffle and buttons the other day and love how it turned out.
Patchy jeans. Claire is still crawling--I know---obviously from this picture you can see that she can walk and stand, but she still prefers to crawl, because she's been crawling for FOREVER all of her pants are getting very thin if not holey in the knees. I appliqued these little flowers over the holes using pink corduroy-- it was a little tricky not to catch the back of the jeans, so I don't know if I would try it on bigger pants-- but so cute for a little crawler!!


Sundress-- I made this dress the other day. I started out making a pillowcase dress (you can find tutorials for these all over the internet). I just wasn't happy with how it looked on Kate, so I gathered the front bodice and took in the back.


I love to sew and have been thinking of starting a sewing blog with step by step instructions on how to make cute little clothes and home decor. What do you think?

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute projects and of course cute models!!! Can't wait to see them modeling them this summer when we visit.

Ashley Wray said...

Do it! Not that I'm a sewer in the least, but I'd love to see your cute ideas and projects! Thanks agian for your help with the applique t-shirts the other day! I just love them!

The Jones Crew said...

Your pictures are so cute your kids are getting so big and so cute Did they have fun yesterday we will see you guys for dinner today Love, Kristi

Roseanne said...

Nice Work! You're such a good homemaker!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

You're on a roll with all these sewing projects! I especially love all the fabric you pick, very cute!

Adele said...

Yes!!! You should do a sewing blog! I want a tutorial on how to do your curtains! I love them!

Ericka said...

Do it, do it, do it! Everything looks so cute and makes me want little girls of my own. Can't wait to see what you make next!

The Davis Fam said...

YES!!!! But will you make it easy for people like me who don't know anything? I am asking for a sewing machine for my bday next month. You are so creative. Never cease to amaze me.

Jenna said...

I have to agree, you should do it. I love the crawling patches...genius!

Jen said...

you can whip out sewing projects so fast... you inspire me to think about doing it.