Saturday, October 22, 2011

Birthdays and A Baptism!!

Jason turned 32 on Sept. 12th!!! I made him his favorite--Cherry Pie!
My birthday was on Sept. 23rd. The kids and Jason made me this super cute poster with some of my favorite candy bars--loved it!!!

My sweet Karson turned 8 on Oct. 1st!!! I can't quite believe it!! He is such a fun boy and so good with his sisters. Karson also played flag football this year and loved it--Jason was his coach which made it extra fun!
I made Kars a football cake for his friend birthday party!
The story of the Wii--Karson really wanted a lizard for his birthday. Jason and I did our research on the most kid friendly lizard. Shopped around on Craigslist and KSL, but could not find the "perfect" one and a way to get it. The day before Karson's birthday my mom and I went to Twin, we were in the pet store looking at lizards, cages, and finding out just how much "fun" it would be to take care of a lizard. I was still on board, but called Jason and discussed the whole thing, so he looked online again for that perfect lizard, after awhile he said, "Jenn, why don't we just get him a Wii, it'd be so much easier than a lizard--I immediately agreed--so Karson got his Wii. He was very excited. He'd been saving up all summer to buy one and had quite a bit saved, so he was able to put his money towards a super fun hunting game. Now he thinks he wants a lizard for Christmas... we'll see...
Between General Conference sessions on Saturday we took Karson out for a yummy birthday lunch and the most amazing dessert!
Karson and all his friends at his birthday party--such cute boys!

Karson was baptized by his daddy on October 8th!!! It was such a neat experience. I love my boys sooooo much!!! It's hard for me to believe my baby boy is baptized!!! I feel so blessed to have the amazing Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I love watching my children learn and grow in the Gospel. Karson had been so excited for this special day and was so cute and attentive as he was taught before hand about baptism and receiving the Holy Spirit. I am so proud of my cute boy and his desires to follow Christ and his example! Karson and his favorite cousin Hayden!
Doesn't Karson look so handsome and grown up in his new suit!
Claire turned 3 on Oct. 14th!! The night before we were talking as I tucked he into bed. She said, "mom I want my ears pierced. I want earrings". I talked to her about getting some fun play princess earrings. She said, "No Mom, I want holes in my ears like you." I explained to her that it stung and that she'd have to be careful with them and take good care of them. She went to sleep and I thought maybe she'd forget about it over night, but all she could talk about the next day was how she wanted her ears pierced for her birthday, so we did it--it was her birthday and kids should get what they want for her birthday--right!!! She and Kate got their ears pierced and did so well. Kate told Claire that she could go first since it was her birthday--Yes, Kate is way to smart sometimes. Claire sat on the chair like a champ, cried a little when they pierced her first ear and really didn't want the next one done, but was so brave and stopped crying as soon as they gave her a sucker--I must say I think she looks sooo cute with her earrings! Kate had a little harder time. I had tried to convince her to pierce hers for back-to-school with no success, but she couldn't let her baby sis get hers pierced with out getting hers done too. She cried before, during, but after she said, "oh mom that was not so bad" too funny!!
I made Claire a Strawberry Shortcake cake!!





3 comments:

Jenna said...

October is so busy! What fun pictures and celebrations!

The Petersons said...

your girls are so cute! i noticed claire's earrings today...i assumed she'd had them since she was little..what brave girls..it took me till i was like 16. :)

Anonymous said...

You have been busy. Crazy that Karson is 8. It doesn't seem possible. Where or where does the time go. Great job on Claire's cake!