I decided that I need to write more on my blog-- thoughts, feelings, etc. I'm not an amazing writer and despite the fact that I never have a hard time finding something to say, I do have a hard time writing anything of length. It's been a tough past few days. Everything with graduate school is exploding in my face. My thesis advisor moved to TX and my new committee is not supporting some aspects of the research we did. I went up to ISU for a meeting on Friday and was totally attacked. I cried the whole way home, but made a resolution to myself that I could overcome this and with the help of my old thesis advisor could prove these people wrong. Well, today my new advisor wrote me suggesting that I turn my thesis into a project. It would be the easy way out, but makes me feel like a total failure and all the research and hard work I did would be in vain. It makes me want to throw-up. I just feel so abused!! I thought educators were supposed to help students-- I guess I was spoiled at Ricks and BYU!! This makes me want to teach even more. Maybe that's why I need to go through this, so I will be a more understanding teacher and be an advocate for the student and not the "rule book." Despite all of this I am so blessed-- I really do think I have the cutest kids in the world!! Here is a recent picture of Claire. She was 5 weeks yesterday!!
7 comments:
I'm so sorry you're going through all that with your thesis... I know you can overcome this- You sound like you are already handling things with the best possible outlook. Your kids are adorable! They brighten my day just seeing them!! Call me if you need anything!
I'm sorry that you thesis stuff has been so frustrating, hang in there! Cute picture, and we totally need to catch up!
i'm sorry! that's the last thing you need with a newbprn. hpw is claire doing? is she sleeping for you? we're already struggling with naps for natalie, i'm hoping it gets better in a few weeks!
Cute picture of little Claire, and I am so sorry you've had such stress with your thesis! It will be so nice when it's all done...by the way, do you realize that you only uploaded ONE picture of yourself onto the heritage makers photo album?? :) I guess that's a mom thing!
Claire is so cute love kristi
Pretty house! Does that mean you're moving out of the ward?
Your baby is so beautiful. Just like the other two. It almost looks like Abby's baby.
Sayda
That was the Calls by the way.
Sayda
www.callsjournal.blogspot.com
Post a Comment