Monday, November 16, 2009

Chicago!!!





Jason had a seminar for work in Chicago and I jumped at the chance to go with him. We had never been before and it was soooo fun!! I spent the first two days relaxing and shopping while Jason went to his seminar. I got to meet him for lunch and then the evenings were ours. We got to eat at lots of yummy restaurants and relax-- so nice. On Friday night we went into Chicago and walked around Navy Pier and ate yummy shrimp at Bubba Gumps (yes, it was named after Forest Gump). On Saturday we took a tour of Chicago--which I would totally recommend and made Jason and I want to visit again-- so much to see and do. We also got to go on Sky Walk in the old Sears tower (103 stories up) it was amazing and we were so lucky to visit on a clear, beautiful day!! It is always nice to get away and great to come home. I definetly think that I need long weekends away to really reappreciate the amazing gifts mychildren are and the blessing it is to be a mother.

11 comments:

Jen said...

I love the picture of the two of you standing in the tower. You look like giants about the crush the city... I love it. In the last picture I think you look a lot like Kate. sounds fun!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

What a fun trip...we'll go with you guys next time! I have to admit that I get the heebie jeebies looking at the skywalk pictures!! Only because it looks like you are going to fall backwards and plummet! :) (I'm glad you didn't.)

Jaimee said...

So totally fun! It's always nice to get a way for a while hu? See you at girls night! (?)

Anonymous said...

Cute pictures! It looks like you had fun. I need to hear all about it. Miss you tons!

Ashley Wray said...

Oh my goodness, it looks like you guys had loads of fun! Love the see-through floor. It's so true though, nothing makes you appreciate your kiddos more than a little time away!

The Davis Fam said...

That pic of you floating is crazy! You look like a HOT mama!

Adele said...

Ahh... I still need to hear more about the trip when we have more time to talk!! Can't wait to see you... I'm so glad you had a fun trip!! Can't wait to hear more! Those pictures are amazing!

Roseanne said...

Ok skinny girl, you are way tiny! Love that pic of you guys at the corner window-awesome!

Mary C. said...

Wow you guys are brave, that picture of the two of you at the Sears tower looks scary!

Ericka said...

Wow...can I just tell you how jealous I am...vacation time without the kids? Anyway, you look so cute and your smiles say it all!

John and Kassie said...

So Fun! Hey Jen, can you email me your new address for Christmas cards---thank you!
kassiesue@hotmail.com