Wednesday, September 1, 2010

First Day of School and The chair

Karson had his first day of 1st grade on Monday!! He is getting so big! In good old Idaho we start full days of school in first grade--this has been quite the adjustment for me. I miss my big boy-- he is such a good helper and is so fun to have around. The good thing is, he is loving school. The girls and I just miss him.
So, I bought this fabric about a year ago... loved it... thought I would try my hand at upholstery. That lasted about a week-- working for hours on end and accomplishing nothing. That chair still sits in our basement. Jason found this little chair at a thrift store and we took it to our favorite upholstery shop and got it professionally redone. I love how it turned out. The pictures don't do it justice all the little details on it are sooo cute.
Here's another pic. with the arm and back covers on.-- I can't decide which way I like it better.

Just had to include this one. Karson and his little buddy-- these two are so cute together!

4 comments:

Jenna said...

Ahh, Karson is so big, that's nuts! Cute chair too!

MegiJones said...

Way cute chair Jenn!!! So fun!

Adele said...

Soooo cute! I love the chair and the fabric! love it!

Ashley Wray said...

The chair turned out darling! I'm glad you got to put that fabric to use :) Carson looks so grown up, but darling as well!