Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Skiing, Claire, and Computers

"Oh, Claire Bear!!" She is such a sweet little thing!!! Yesterday I flat ironed her hair and told her she looked cute. She then said, "Take a picture of me!!" It's her new thing lately whenever we say she's cute--which is quite often, since I think she is about the cutest thing in the world. She really is such a good little girl, especially considering she is two!
Karson has become quite the little skier this year!! Jason and him have season passes and have been up on the mountain quite a few times. Karson is doing so well!! He's mastered the ski lift, been down some fairly difficult runs, and even took off his "wedgie" last time he went-- I think his little legs are starting to get stronger.
Jason took Kate skiing too. She made it down one run in 45 minutes; cried the whole time; almost hit a tree, which she was very concerned about since she had an allergic skin reaction to our Christmas tree. I guess as she was heading towards the tree she was yelling, "I can't hit the tree, I'm allergic to Christmas trees!!--Classic Kate :0)!! But, after it was all said and done she "loved it" and can't wait to go again!!! I love this picture of Kate and Jason on the ski lift. Jason made her a seatbelt with his ski pole, Kate was very pleased with this and told me all about it-- it was her first time on a lift-- last year they didn't venture off the bunny hill.

Our laptop's motherboard went out. Jason decided to try to fix it. We had pictures and my thesis on it. He bought a new motherboard online, and set to work--watching U tube videos to teach him how. The process was a success-- I was so impressed with Jason's skills!!! He had talked to a few computer guys and both of them said that they had never replaced a motherboard, but Jason is just amazing with things like that!! We were able to get all the pictures and stuff off the computer that we wanted, and it only cost $45 instead of 3 or 4 hundred! The computer still had problems overheating, so we bought a new computer with our Christmas money--thanks Mom and Dad and Grandma H!!!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

What a great update! Claire is too CUTE! And I'm always impressed by Jason's skills. :)

amanda jane said...

Jenn, first of all your kids are adorable. Second of all, thank you for the lovely advice on chicago! I didn't know you'd been there and I didn't know about the clear box! that explains your profile photo. :) The museums also sound amazing. Thanks for the tips!