Sunday, May 1, 2011

Easter

Easter is one of my favorite holidays!! I love to reflect on the Savior--His life, His atonement, and His resurrection!! I also love to teach my children about these things and help them have a better understanding of our purpose here on earth. This year I am especially grateful for my eternal family and my knowledge that families can be together forever!
One of my favorite things about Easter is new spring dresses!! Here are the kids on Easter Sunday all dressed up in their cute Easter clothes! Bonnie bought all the little girls the cutest dresses and my mom made cute little flower purses that matched perfectly--it's so nice to have grandma's that spoil us! Karson also got some new cute duds! We took the picture below at Chad and Bonnie's Sunday afternoon--we joked around that it was an Easter miracle that all the kids were looking in the direction of the camera :0)!! I do have to say that Chad and Bonnie have the cutest grand kids--and that includes Kiley's kiddos who aren't in this picture--they were missed!
Saturday we began our festivities with a super yummy Easter breakfast with the Joneses. That was followed by our annual adult Easter scavenger hunt. It is by far one of our favorite Easter traditions. This year a lot of the clues were scriptures--thank goodness for smart phones :0)!!! Chad and Bonnie came up with some awesome clues that stumped us--leading to Jason and I losing to Jared and Abby for the first time EVER!!! The kids then got to have a huge Easter egg hunt and all got tons of eggs!!! As you can see in Karson's basket...


Watching Claire and Gracie hunt for eggs was one of the funnest parts of the day--they were SOOOO cute--talking and helping each other search through the grass for the eggs, naming their colors as they went--they are both getting to be so smart and grown up!
The Monday before Easter we dyed eggs for family home evening. The kids had fun decorating them with crayons and watching their pictures show up on the eggs when they were dipped in the colors. Lia had fun watching! She is sooo cute these days!

5 comments:

Jenna said...

great, adorable pictures!

MegiJones said...

really cute pics...I finally got mine up today too! And I love that scavenger hunt that you guys do...sounds like so much fun...sorry you lost...better luck next year ha ha :)

Anonymous said...

Your kids look so cute in their
Easter outfits. Lia has grown since I saw her. What a cutie!

Adele said...

Sounds like so much fun! Cute pics! I love their Easter outfits. Very pretty dresses and Karson looks so handsome!

The Gracie Jones blog said...

That picture of Lia is so so cute! I love it! I love Easters with the Jones fam, they're the best :)