Tuesday, May 3, 2011

New developments

This sweet little thing is 6 months old!! To say that it's gone fast would be a total lie...it's been hard and crazy and fun...Some things I want to remember about Lia at 6 months:
*She has the cutest smile and is happy most of the day!
*She gives the best kisses.
*She loves her brother and sisters!
*She has the cutest chubby, kissable cheeks!
*She rolls from her back to her tummy and is starting to scoot to things.
*She hates to sleep at night.

In other news...Claire is potty training. She decided to do it on her own last Wednesday and is doing pretty well. The first few days she was amazing and the last two have been a little rocky, but I think she's getting it, and I will be so happy when we're through this annoying phase of life.

And finally, the news that will be changing my life the most for the next few years... Jason was called as the second counselor in our bishopric this past Sunday. Even though he will be away at meetings more, and up on the stand during sacrament meeting, I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed him and our family with this opportunity to serve. I am also very grateful that I am married to an amazing, righteous priesthood holder who was completely humbled, but willingly accepted this calling.

8 comments:

Jenna said...

Oh she is SUCH a cutie, her cheeks are like Anna's! So kissable. Wow, Jason is going to be BUSY. If anyone can handle it, you can. You will be blessed!

Adele said...

She is adorable! And... wow... Jason. We knew it! And you can do it Jenn! I know it seems hard to even think about, but you're right. Your family has been blessed with a righteous priesthood holder and the Lord knows your struggles and knows that you can do it too!!

Macey said...

i heard about that!! [jason i mean] he'll be such a great counselor. and that baby is the cutest.

Pierce Family said...

My sincerest condolences.... errr... I mean congratulations! =) Lia is getting SO big. Congrats on potty training Claire!

Chalet said...

I am so not surprised!

The Jones Crew said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday Claire!

Ericka said...

Thank you again for the cabinet...you are so kind and I am dying to see your new family pics! Oh and remember they say behind every great man is an amazing woman (or something like that)...anyhow I am happy for your family and the blessings that await you with Jason in the bishopric!

amanda jane said...

what a cutie! how fun that you've seen the bird book too. It was love at first sight.