

Curtains-- here are my new dining room curtains. The lighting in these pictures is not the greatest it's so hard to get a good picture of my dining room because of all the windows-- I won't complain though because oh do I love my windows!! I am trying to liven up my dinning room-- next project is making chair pads, then I would love to refinish the table--we'll see...

I decided that I wanted to make all of my girls clothes for summer and I just got a new sewing machine :0). I started with these little skirts found here: http://sewmuchado.blogspot.com/2010/02/refashion-tutorial-toddler-ruffle-skirt.html It was so fun and easy. The shirt was $1 at Wal-mart. I added the little flower-- I'm in love with these flowers as you will see below I put them on everything and also wear a really cute brown one myself. I found that tutorial here: http://www.tipjunkie.com/2009/05/fabric-flower-tutorials.html Sorry I don't know how to make them into links. So anyway I love blogs and all their cute ideas, so I thought I'd share a few of my favorites. This outfit is for Claire...

Who managed to "wear it in" right away with pancake mix...

and was not too happy about me forcing her to sit for a picture!!

I made this outfit for Kate-- again a 1$ shirt. The skirt was made from an old shirt of mine I added a cute little ruffle by cutting out a bunch of circles and pinning and sewing them in a line down the skirt--you might have to click on it to see the detail.


Headband-- I made this headband to match the shirt below. I love sewing cute little beads in the middle. I also put Velcro on the back of the flower and the head band, so I can switch it out for other flowers.

The other thing I've had fun making are applique shirts--Kate told me she wanted apples-- so here they are. Again a $1 Wal-mart shirt and scraps of cute Gathering place fabric.

Here's another shirt I made. For these shirts I just made up my own patterns, but I also found that there are lots of patterns online-- just type in free applique patterns. Also don't forget your wonder under, and make sure your sewing machine has an applique stitch-- it finishes it so nice.
10 comments:
go jen! it is so gun to see something oyu made on your child ( or yourself) i am going to try making some flowers. really fun. and your dining room lokks really great
You've always had such amazing sewing talent, those look great!
Your projects look great! Oh how I miss my project partner. Even though yours always turned out better than mine.
Holy cow you've been busy making such cute stuff!! Adorable! It was so good to talk to you and I can't wait to see you again and see all your house projects. Are you ready to start helping me decorate mine??
Thanks for sharing. Love the curtains, t-shirts, and skirts! Isn't it fun to be able to use your imagination to create something useful and fun? Love you, Mom
Love them all! I've been the same way, cooped up inside so I've got to have something to keep me busy, bring on the projects! I'm going to fiddle around with my machine to see if I can get it to work, then I'm serious, I want a "project day" at your house!
Every single picture had me going "oh, what a good idea!" over and over. You are so talented. The kiddos will look cute this summer!
Nice work Jenn!! You always amaze me!
Very Cute!! I want to learn how to make cute headbands & those adorable outfits! Your the Woman Jen!!!
I like all of your cute things you bave been doing I love your curtains they are so cute Love, Kristi Jones
Post a Comment